- Home and home accessories
- Cleaning equipment
- Cleaning products
- Customer favourites
- In the kitchen
- Laundry and ironing
- Outdoor living
- Recycling and composting
- Window cleaning
Depending on whether you are a warehouse or online member, or whether you use our travel services, the data controller of the personal data we process about you will be BRY & MAR LIMITED, company number 03052924, 18 Carlton Street, Castleford, West Yorkshire, WF10 1AY (“The Company”, “we” or “us”) Please note that we provide additional or different privacy notices in connection with certain products, services or programs.
The Company’s Commitment to Personal Data and Privacy
We respect your right to privacy and comply with all applicable laws and regulations with respect to personal data protection.
1. WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data is data related to an identified or identifiable individual.
2. WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED BY US?
- Contact data, such as your address, email address, home phone number, and mobile phone or other phone number for contact purposes.
- Transactional data, which includes information about individual purchases and returns, account notes recorded in connection with your transactions with us and other information you choose to provide to us in connection with a transaction.
3. HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL DATA?
In general, we use personal data to process your requests and transactions, provide you with high-quality service, tell you about opportunities we think will be of interest and administer your account. The specific purposes for which we process your personal data are set out below:
- To provide products and services to you, which includes processing payments, sending notifications (via email or SMS/text message) related to your purchases, and processing exchanges and returns and warranties (the legal basis for this processing is the performance of the purchase agreement between you and The Company);
- To respond to queries or complaints from you, including if you contact our customer service team (the legal basis for this processing is your consent);
- To provide you with news, product recommendations, promotional information, coupons, offers and other marketing communications about The Company and third-party products and services via email, direct mail and phone calls.
- To communicate with you about your experience with us and the products and services you purchase, which includes sending you information about your orders (e.g., email and SMS notifications related to status, shipping, delivery and pick-up), surveys and information about product quality issues (the legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in improving your shopping experience and providing relevant information about products purchased from us);
- To communicate with you about product recalls and provide other health, safety and consumer protection notices (the legal basis for this processing is compliance with our legal obligations under UK consumer protection law);
- To comply with our legal obligations, including our tax obligations, those related to the prevention of fraud and money laundering, and those required for you to benefit from rights recognised by law (the legal basis for this processing is compliance with our legal obligations under UK law related to, for instance, taxation, money-laundering and terrorism financing and consumer protection law);
- To analyse your use of our website (the legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in improving our website and better understanding user needs and expectations);
- For internal management purposes, including planning, resource allocation, policy development, quality improvement, monitoring, audit, evaluation and reporting (the legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in understanding shopping behaviour, improving our selection of products and services, and exploring ways to develop and enhance our business).
4. HOW DO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We do not share personal data about you with third parties except as follows:
- Our Service Providers
We share personal data with companies that perform services for us (e.g. web hosting, information technology, payment processing, product fulfilment, installation, claims processing, recovery of unpaid checks, direct mail and email distribution, marketing, and the provision of data analytics, insurance, audit, accountancy, legal and advisory services).
- Compliance with Law
We also disclose personal data when we are legally authorised or required to do so to comply with applicable law or legal process (including requests from authorities and courts), to respond to claims (including inquiries by you in connection with your purchases at The Company), or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of the The Company companies, our shoppers, our employees or the public.
- Corporate Transactions
Personal data may be disclosed or transferred as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger or sale of company assets or acquisition to third parties involved in such transactions.
We also share personal data with third parties, other than those described above, when we have your consent to do so.
5. DO WE TRANSFER PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA?
Your personal data will be transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including the UK, and, in some cases, the laws of these countries do not provide the same level of protection of your personal data as those in the UK. For example, we transfer personal data to service providers that process personal data for us in the United States, Canada and other locations (as an example, Google and Microsoft process personal data for us in various data centre locations, including those listed at http://www.google.ca/about/datacenters/inside/locations/ and https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/global-infrastructure/regions/, respectively).
The Company ensures, with the signature of Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission, that personal data transferred outside the EEA is maintained with at least the same level of security and protection for personal data that is required under the applicable legislation. Copies of the Standard Contractual Clauses we use to facilitate the transfer of data outside the EEA are available here and here.
6. HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA?
We have physical, administrative and technical security measures in place to help protect personal data from damage, loss, alteration, destruction or unauthorised access, processing or use while it is under our control. With regard to credit card data, we are required to process and maintain payment card data in accordance with the data security rules adopted by credit card companies such as Visa, MasterCard.
7. HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN PERSONAL DATA?
The Company will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which such data was collected, unless a longer retention period is required under applicable law. When you consent to receive marketing communications from us, we retain your email address and information about your marketing preferences for the duration of your membership, unless you opt out of receiving such communications or terminate your membership.
8. WHAT PERSONAL DATA RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
Subject to certain limitations and exceptions, you have a number of legal rights in relation to the processing of your personal data, including:
- A right to obtain information: You have the right to request information about how we process your personal data.
- A right of access: You have the right to request access to, or a copy of, the personal data we process about you.
- A right of rectification: You have the right to request that we correct or supplement inaccurate or incomplete personal data we process about you.
- A right of erasure: You have the right to request that we delete personal data about you.
- A right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal data, so that we can store such data but not further process it.
- A right to data portability: You have the right to request that we provide the personal data which you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit such data to another controller without hindrance from The Company.
- A right to object to processing: You have the right to request that we stop processing personal data about you (for example, when your personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to the processing of such data at any time by writing to email@example.com.
- A right to revoke your consent: When our processing is based on your consent, you have the right to revoke such consent at any time.
- The right to file a complaint: You have the right to file a complaint regarding our data protection practices with a supervisory authority. You can do so by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
9. USE OF THE WEBSITE BY CHILDREN
We encourage parents to take an active interest in their children’s use of the Internet. We do not intend to collect data from children or, in general, from individuals who are under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, you must not provide personal data through our website.
11. QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
Join Risk Free
30 days refund
Online 24 hours